Outstanding Education: All About Central Arkansas Public, Private Schools
Private and parochial schools are abundant, and three (soon to be four) public school districts in the Little Rock area offer a rigorous curriculum and a large variety of Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate courses. In addition, parents can choose from specialized magnet schools and charter schools.
Metro Little Rock parents are lucky when it comes to education. Besides standard public schools, parents can choose from private, parochial, charter, magnet and special needs schools. In particular, here’s a breakdown of the area’s public school districts to help in your family’s search.
PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICTS
PRIVATE AND PAROCHIAL SCHOOLS
Private and parochial schools are another option for parents. The area has an abundance of private schools for every type of student, and attendance zones do not apply. To see a comprehensive listing of the private and parochial schools in the area, visit the resource guides section at LittleRockFamily.com.
- Central Baptist College (private, four-year)
- Hendrix College (private, four-year)
- University of Central Arkansas (public, four-year)
- Arkansas Baptist College (private, four-year)
- Philander Smith College (private, four-year)
- University of Arkansas – Little Rock (public, four-year)
- University of Arkansas – Clinton School of Public Service (graduate school)
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (public, specialty)
NORTH LITTLE ROCK